What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils have actually been around for thousands of years for their healing properties. They offer numerous benefits including cosmetic, dietary, emotional, and spiritual. Introducing this ancient tradition to improve emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness in the modern world can be truly life-changing.
Basically essential oils are extremely`concentrated liquids that are used for their healing properties that are derived from plants such as flowers shrubs, trees, roots and seeds through a process of steam distillation, resin tapping, and cold pressing. When used aromatically (diffusing), topically, or orally essential oils support the immune, circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, digestive, nervous, and other body systems through their many chemical compounds and healing properties.
I was first introduced to Young Living essential oils about 3 years ago by a friend who was having an “oils party” at her house. Being the wellness enthusiast I thought that was right up my alley. I started off with a simple starter pack that came with the best oils to get started with.
What attracted me to them was how powerful yet natural they are. I has just come off several years of anti-anxiety medication and was looking for more natural ways to not only ease my anxiety, but to also feel more healthy in my body, which if you have anxiety you know it can take a toll on your physical health too. Plus, since I started using essential oils it’s been fun for me to see which oils my boyfriend likes. He’ll even ask for some when he’s sick, and he is a Doctor!
Now, I happily share my successes with essential oils so others can experience the benefits for themselves.
How do you know if essential oils are right for you?
- Want a more natural way to boost energy and reduce stress
- Want to improve your skin and beauty routine
- Want chemical-free cleaning and bath products for your home
- Believe in knowing where your products come from
- Believe in high quality products and sustainable practices
- Desire a more holistic, balanced, heart centered, spiritual, preventative and cost-effective way of life
Then essential oils might be right for you. I’m passionate about working with individuals to identify their specific needs and help set them on a path that will lead them to their ultimate wellness. Together we can achieve your goals.
How I use essential oils
The question really is, where DON’T I use essential oils in my life?
Physical Wellness: I use my essential oils for immunity boosting during the cold and flu season (Thieves™), clearing nasal congestion (peppermint, eucalyptus), for upset stomach (DiGize™), heartburn (peppermint), allergies (Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint), pain relief (Panaway™, Copaiba, Deep Relief™), detoxification (Lemon, Grapefruit), headaches (Peppermint) and tooth pain (Clove). I also incorporate essential oils into my yoga practice based on what I need that day, and the focus for my practice.
Emotional Health: For stress relief (Stress Away™, Harmony™, Lavender, Peace and Calming™), when I’m feeling down (Joy™), when I need strength and courage (Valor™), when I’m anxious and need to become more grounded (Grounding™, Sacred Mountain™), when I’m holding on to bad emotions (Forgiveness™), when I need to let loose (Fun™), when I’m working towards my goals (Envision™), when I’m stuck in a lack mindset and need to be reminded of the abundance in my life (Abundance™).
House Cleaning: The whole Thieves™ cleaning product line is my favorite!
Beauty: I love to use Frankinsense and Lavender on my skin, and Rosemary and Tea Tree on my scalp and hair.
It’s So Much More Than Oils
One of the many reasons I was first attracted to this company, was because they have so much more than just essential oils and the accessories that go along with them.
They have full lines of:
- Natural cleaning products
- Bath products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, soap etc.)
- Skin and antiaging products
- Pet products
- Cooking products
- Vitamins and supplements
- Weight loss products
- Protein shakes
- Energy drinks
- Kids products
Why I Choose Young Living
I chose Young Living because of purity of the products, philosophy of sustainability, and greater focus on service to underserved parts of the world. There are many essential oil companies out there and some are great, but you don’t always know what you’re going to get. But for the wellness of myself, my family, my clients, and the planet, I want the best of the best. And that’s Young Living.
- Young Living has 20+ years of experience and is the world leader and pioneer in essential oil research
- Young Living is 100% pure and organic
- Young Living has a great selection of oils available with over 120 singles and blends
- Young Living oils do not have an expiration date and are safe for ingestion
- Young Living own their own farms (many of which are in the U.S.) and distilleries, guaranteeing consistency and quality through the entire Seed To Seal® process.
How to Buy the Oils
If you do’t know where to start I highly recommend the Young Living Premium Starter Kit ($160) which has an extraordinary value and all the premium essential oils you’ll need to begin. It’s basically a killer deal because all of these products are over $300 retail!
Included in your kit:
- Home Diffuser
- Lavender 5-ml
- Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
- Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
- Copaiba Vitality™ 5-ml
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Thieves ® Vitality™ 5-ml
- DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
- Purification ® 5-ml
- R.C.™ 5-ml
- PanAway® 5-ml
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- 10 Sample Packets
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Business Cards
- 10 Love It? Share It! Sample Oil Bottles
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Essential Oil Magazine
- Essential Edge
- Member Resources
BECOME A WHOLESALE MEMBER
- 24% off ALL of the products you buy from young living always.
- Exclusive rewards each month when you spend a certain amount that is not available to retail customers.
- To maintain the membership you simply need to spend $50 on products each year, and just by signing up and getting your starter kit you already reach that minimum requirement or the year.
You will also have the option of joining the Essential Rewards Program, which you may want to seriously consider. You get an automatic shipment each month of at least $50 and you get to choose what oils get sent to you each month. With each passing monthly order you accumulate reward points that you can redeem for free products. You also get a cheaper flat rate on shipping when you order via Essential Rewards and you can build up your oily collection slowly!
You never have to sell anything – EVER!! But if you love sharing about your passion for oils and want to earn some money for it you can join the Wellness Mamas and get in on our private Facebook Group, supportive in-person events, host essential oils parties for your friends and start earning your own commission if you choose!
You will be prompted for the next few steps…
- Fill in your personal information (for shipping, billing and if you plan on selling oils in the future, tax purposes)
- Create a username, password and pin (to help you log in to the cite and check on your order)
- Select your PREMIUM STARTER KIT
- The option to join the Essential Rewards Program if you choose.
- Agree to the terms and conditions (who ever reads all of that stuff anyway?)
- Then CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! Make sure you don’t skip this step!
OR RETAIL CUSTOMER
- This is a great option if you don’t want to make a big commitment.
- It’s like shopping at any other online store, you simply sign up and buy oils straight from the website at retail value.
- You don’t get any discounts or rewards with this option.
- It’s not the route that I recommend because you miss out on all the benefits, but it may be right for some people.
Click the Box for Retail Customer, then follow the prompts to fill in your information and select the oils you would like to buy and confirm your order. Easy Peasy!